Tech Data Partners with iPass to Deliver Unlimited Wi-Fi on any Mobile Device
“Tech Data knows that one of the biggest challenges for small to medium-sized businesses (SMBs) is keeping employees and clientele connected through a cost-effective and secure environment,”
- Improved productivity: iPass keeps mobile employees always on with unlimited access to Wi-Fi.
- Secure connections: iPass helps ensure privacy and security with full protection of user credentials and corporate data.
- Simplified pricing: With unlimited plans providing one flat fee per user, iPass makes pricing simple and predictable.
For mobile operators, iPass provides the following advantages:
- Reduced network costs by offloading data: iPass allows operators to implement a Wi-Fi first offload solution, whether subscribers are on a home network or roaming. The solution lets operators reduce wholesale costs and regain operational margin.
- Improved subscriber experience: Constant service enhancements create successful subscriber relationships. Enhancing a mobile operator’s offering with global Wi-Fi access is a significant competitive advantage in the market.
- Reduced customer churn and improved revenue streams: Integrating global Wi-Fi connectivity can help mobile operators deliver a distinctive subscriber experience by enhancing their core offerings.
Tech Data’s go-to-market offering is unique, as it represents iPass’ first major venture in the channel space in the U.S. and
“No matter who we are, we all depend on connectivity; therefore, we are delighted that Tech Data’s substantial customer base will benefit from access to our global Wi-Fi network,” said
iPass (NASDAQ:IPAS) is a leading provider of global mobile connectivity, offering simple, secure, always-on Wi-Fi access on any mobile device. Built on a software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform, the iPass cloud-based service keeps its customers connected by providing unlimited Wi-Fi connectivity on unlimited devices. iPass is the world’s largest Wi-Fi network, with more than 62 million hotspots in more than 180 countries and territories where iPass customers have connected successfully at airports, hotels, train stations, convention centers, outdoor venues, inflight, and more. Using patented technology, the iPass SmartConnect™ platform takes the guesswork out of Wi-Fi, automatically connecting customers to the best hotspot for their needs. Customers simply download the iPass app to experience unlimited, everywhere, and invisible Wi-Fi.
iPass® is a registered trademark of
Tech Data Media Contacts
Public Relations Manager,
iPass Media Contacts
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7436 0420
iPass IR Contacts
LHA Investor Relations